Monday, July 12, 2021

Thrive Not Just Survive

Lay Mission Helpers sent a Nebraska "Cornhusker" born man 8100 miles from home to Uganda, Africa. I learned quickly that there was no corn growing here as that takes a lot of water which tends to be scarce... but more on that in my next blog. 

Being sent back to the USA due to growing concerns over Covid19, was unexpected and came with mixed emotions.

It was a blessing to get to see my family, but my heart knew that there was so much yet to be accomplished in Kabale, Uganda which had become my second family. 

I was able to stay in touch thanks to modern technology.  My Ugandan family kept me up to date on progress of the beautiful tea crops of which I'm very proud.


They let me know that Covid-19 was taking its toll as it was across the world.  They continued to pray for me and my family’s health.  They prayed for this disease to weaken and end and subsequently allow for my return and for their lives to return to some type of normalcy. 

I was back in USA much longer than anyone could anticipate-14 months total.  LMH worked closely with Kabale’s Bishop Callistus to determine my need in Kabale and how to bring me back safely and to be active in mission once again. I returned to Kabale, Uganda at the end of May. LMH and their collaboration with others is impressive.

Covid-19 was trying is best to cause havoc in the lives of all but Kabale, Uganda has stayed the course.  I am impressed with the steps that my community has taken to try and keep its citizens safe.  

Restricted travel, face coverings, limiting gatherings of larger groups and many other sanctions are difficult but necessary and will NOT stop the faithful Kabale community from living life. 

We have great plans for our future. We know that in the Bible Jeremiah 29:11 says, “For I Know The Plans I Have For You' Declares the Lord, 'Plans to Prosper You and Not to Harm You, Plans to Give You Hope and a Future.”

LMH has sent me to help Kabale do just that and this Nebraska Cornhusker will NOT fail.  I will do my best daily. Side by side with my second family, we will not just survive but thrive. 


No comments:

Post a Comment