Monday, May 20, 2019

God Isn't Done With Me Yet


A great deal has happened since my last blog.  The poultry operation has been a challenge but very rewarding; we dedicated our Lady of Fatima Chapel on May 13th, and I laid down my motorcycle in Queen Elizabeth National Park. 

The accident happened on Palm Sunday.  I had a palm on the back of my motorcycle and hours earlier, Father Adrian had blessed my travels.  I walked away with minor scratches, two broken ribs and gratitude to my parents for the strong bones.  Some will think I got lucky; my thoughts are my job is not complete.  God isn’t done with me yet!
Tea Farm
The new chapel was dedicated to our Lady of Fatima on the 102ND Anniversary of Our Lady of Fatima, May 13th.  A large crowd attended and the service was inspiring. 

I have worked hard, along with my trusted labourers, in expanding my poultry operation to 1000 birds.  The chicks were to be delivered beginning of May, but that has been delayed.  Turns out, I will be travelling 145 kilometers to pick them up.  That should be interesting! 
Chicken Coop
Life in Uganda has been a life changing experience.  The countryside is beautiful.  The people are kind and welcoming.  God has been good to me.
Bishop Callist Rubaramira

I enjoyed a visit from Damian Kabot of Lay Mission Helpers Association (LMH).  I was grateful for his work ethic and friendship.  It was great having a fellow American to communicate with in person!  He has great vision and sees the big picture of life.  He is a wonderful addition to our LMH family. 
Damian and Sisters
Please consider joining us; the path is rocky, but the journey is both rewarding and easy……..rewarding – yes; easy – Not!  It is a challenge many days, but tackling the challenges is what exhilarates me!

Blessed are the poor in spirit:  for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 5:3)   

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking for an update! Hope all is well! Jackie Krason (Jody's friend and co-worker)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Airportassist - The world’s largest airport assistance network serving 1055 airports in 195 countries. The official VIP airport assistance network of world airports!

    Visit here : Airport Assistance

    ReplyDelete
  4. Airportassist - The world’s largest airport assistance network serving 1055 airports in 195 countries. The official VIP airport assistance network of world airports!


    Visit here : VIP Airport Assistance

    ReplyDelete