Friday, February 1, 2019

Resilience


This Blog update is inspired by my daddy, Paul, and my father-in-law, Allen.  What amazing examples of resilience they have shown me.

Both of my fathers grew up in an environment much like I live in now, in Uganda. Paul grew up on a farm with very few resources, no indoor plumbing, the food was either planted and raised, foraged or hunted. They wasted nothing, worked hard, and cooked with wood as their source of fuel.  
Allen grew up in a small town.  His father died very young and his sister was killed in a car accident, yet he never waivered or lost faith. I wish I could say the same when Cari, my wife of 30 years, died at age 52. 
I cannot change the past but I can surely follow their lead and redirect the future. Everybody reading this blog can count on it. Thanks for the example men.

I am going to build a chicken coop for 60 chickens in the next 3 weeks.  I sure wish I would have paid more attention to their guidance. Allen's son, Todd, built a house from scratch so I can surely handle a large chicken operation. 

During the past couple of weeks in Uganda, I have toured and studied tea operations.   The Diocese of Kabale has a couple large tea farms.  One task I have been assigned is to maximize profits from these tea farms.  God willing I will be successful. 
While touring the tea farms, Fr. Adrian took me on a drive toward the Congo and I was blessed to see many African animals including water buffalo, hippopotamus, monkeys and tipo, all in their natural habitat.  No zoo here! 



I was also blessed NOT TO SEE lions, elephants, and land gorillas!!! They are very close in proximity to where I live and I will tour them another day.

Everyone says "they were the greatest generation".   I can certainly appreciate now how much they accomplished in such a short time. 

Please stay tuned for future blogs.  The "Paul- Allen Center for Poultry" is under construction.  Cluck, cluck, cluck.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Invest with 200$ and get a returns of 5,000$ within seven business working days.
    Why wasting your precious time online looking for a loan? When there is an opportunity for you to invest with 200$ and get a returns of 5,000$ within seven business working days. Contact us now for more information if interested on how you can earn big with just little amount. This is all about investing into Crude Oil and Gas Business.

    Email: investmoneyoilgas@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Experience the luxury of airports terminals all throughout the world through a range of VIP airport services presented by Airport Assist. Disregard long lines and unending security checks, with our meet and Greet services, experience the smoothest progress through pretty much every all throughout the world.

    Visit here : VIP Airport Assistance

    ReplyDelete
  4. Experience the luxury of airports terminals all throughout the world through a range of VIP airport services presented by Airport Assist. Disregard long lines and unending security checks, with our meet and Greet services, experience the smoothest progress through pretty much every all throughout the world.

    Visit here : Airport Assistance

    ReplyDelete
  5. Airportassist - The world’s largest airport assistance network serving 1055 airports in 195 countries. The official VIP airport assistance network of world airports!


    Visit here : VIP Airport Assistance

    ReplyDelete